Monday, May 4, 2015

Windows 10 Preview




After getting VMware ESXi 6.0 installed and configured, I placed the server in my dining room with only the network connection to my router (Headless). With the vSphere client installed on my laptop, I can access the console of ESX easily.





Once Win10 Build 10041 (named "Palisades") ISO was downloaded, the ISO was uploaded to the storage on ESX and two VM's were created and built (seen above). As of today, the first VM has been upgraded to Win10 Build 10074 (now called "Englewood") and the Citrix Receiver is installed to allow access to my VM's at work.


Here is a screenshot of Englewood via RDP:




It took some googling but VMware Tools is now installed on Englewood, which speeds up video, keyboard, and mouse response. Next will be to install some additional apps and attempt to use this as my primary.

Palisades will be updated to the next build once it comes out, but I need to start reading the release notes to understand what is being fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment