Saturday, May 9, 2015

VM - Back to the plan


I now have a pair of Windows 10 VM's ("Insider Preview" - Build 10041, aka "Palisades"; and "Technical Preview" - Build 10074, aka - "Englewood") loaded and running along with two identical Linux VM's (Ubunutu 14.x).




 
While the Linux VM's will probably be on the back burner for now, I would like to have one of these act as a utility machine for external IP reporting to be used when I am remote (more on this plan later).

Back on the Windows plan, a set of standard apps will be installed onto Palisades and an attempt will be made to live inside Windows 10 (via RDP) this coming week, including connections to my work VM Desktop. The short list of apps:

  • Citrix Receiver
  • Firefox
  • Thunderbird
  • Adobe Reader
  • Paint Shop Pro
  • Office 2007
  • Skype
  • Host machine access (USB port replicator; External backup drive)
  • HP OfficeJet printer
Before this is usable, I need to add more than the 4GB of memory to my ESX box. I think I can push this to at least 16GB. This server may be underpowered as far as the CPU is concerned (pretty old Dell Optiplex 780) but memory first.


Netscaler Appliance

As an aside, I also loaded  a Netsclaer VPX VM to play with. Just one more thank on my list.....





No comments:

Post a Comment